2021 was weird as a YouTube creator, but I bought a House (Big News)

Yes, I know. I am not directly looking into the camera at all times….I was using a teleprompter for the first time. Sorry about that.

Previous video: https://youtu.be/LA8YXaDnqGA

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/greatscottlab
Twitter: https://twitter.com/GreatScottLab
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/great.scott.lab/
Support me for more videos: https://www.patreon.com/GreatScott?ty=h
Altium Designer: https://altium.com/yt/greatscott!

Here is the link to the shown solder (affiliate link):

Websites/Videos which were shown during the video:

George Street Shuffle by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license. https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/

Source: http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/index.html?isrc=USUAN1300035

Artist: http://incompetech.com/

0:00 Introduction
0:42 Renovation of my lab
1:14 2021 was weird as a YouTube creator
10:10 I bought a house
13:07 Q&A time

40 thoughts on “2021 was weird as a YouTube creator, but I bought a House (Big News)

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

Thanks for not making shorts, they are annoying and disappointing. Keep up the good work and I hope you don't go overboard on clickbait titles, but I know the video will be good.

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

Hello, i approciate longer and more detailed videos, i watch all of your videos but only one time… with more detail and topic to tink about i will be interested to see more time to get more involved in the vudeo….

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

I think you need to do what is most important to you brother. We all know you are amazing and we can wait an extra week or so if need be.

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

yes please do videos on the houses electrical install and other interesting installs like heatpump and so on 😀

Yt shorts is crap.
    YT itself- Their algorithm is crap – all I get is megamillion view count videos, not the actual content of the people I subscribe to.

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

An electrical project pertainingning to your house what kind of IOT devices you will use or smart appliances that you will be installing to your house

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

Clickbait is an insult to regular viewers. I hate it.
    Shorts – terrible. Hate them.
    What attracts me is good content on subjects I'm interested in.
    YouTube just wants to maximise profits, not provide a service.
    Good luck with the house build. Would be good to see videos about it. Lighting design, network installation, electrical installation, phase balancing etc.
    On the schedule, regular output good, long gaps likely to lose viewers.

Congrats on your house. The drop in June wasn't caused by me… 😉
    Topics I would love to see:
    * Domotica — from reading out the electricity to automatic switching to automatic readout of central heating, water, coffee machines, PIR sensors, etc etc
    * Welding, for sure, is interesting
    * Wood cnc for making boxes for the electronics
    * You could expand to php programming (eg making graphs on websites or small screens)
    * Gadgets like LED christmas sweaters, small LEDs under the stairs, etc

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

Looking forward to the house projects – some ideas might be automating the painting and garden electronics
    Thanks for all your hard work I really benefit from your videos.

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

Servus, wenn du schon mit einer Solaranlage planst. Kannst dir auch gleich Gedanken über einen Batteriespeicher machen. Muss ja keine 10kw groß werden. Würde mich stark interessieren wie du das ganze Thema angehst. Erst recht da es in dem Bereich so viel zum Basteln gibt. z.B durch Systeme von Victron. SMA-Systeme sind dagegen nicht für Bastler gemacht. Wäre zumindest mal eine Idee. 🙂

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

You should take as much time as you really need for a video 2 weeks…3 weeks… A month whatever it takes to be good and accurate

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

Be careful with that Dyno label printer, they tend to drop after an year or so if the surface is not really clean, also they don't hold after an year if they stick to each other. I been using one for 2 years now.

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

I always enjoy the projects that you create even though I may not build them. I’m personally interested in a tire pressure monitor for my car so I can read the signals that the unit sends out. Another project that I’m interested in is one you already did a bit ago, the sine wave inverter project. The thing that lacked in that project was it was for a your auto transformer, which was quite small. Now that you have a house coming and solar panels, how about a bigger inverter which can power quite a bit of your lab. Maybe on the range of 3000 to 5000 amps?
    Of course keep up your fun projects! May the house be ever so much more home than you expected!

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

Yes I enjoyed this video. I am also a youtube creator and watch your videos for inspiration and as a very good example of how to produce awesome quality videos. I really like your format of writing things on paper and physically highlighting important points. I think it works very well. I totally agree with you regarding clickbait and hope you don't go down that route. I actually think it ruins the platform. Regarding your schedule, I also think do what works best for you to continue producing great quality videos. I would rather wait a bit longer for a good quality video than watch something that was rushed. I think I may have already watched your garage wiring video, and have to say I was slightly confused because it's not your normal format, although still very relevant and interesting. Now I understand your current situation it makes much more sense. As for future ideas, I would be very interested in anything you are doing with LED lighting, home automation, and solar power.

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

Can you do a video on making an old disposable camera's flash light Lightup plz, to run it as a normal light for room or any place.

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

I think you should keep your scedule until you move in and then just take a break. That yway you can focus on the house and get it done faster.

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

w.r.t. the question about the schedule while you focus on your house: don't listen to anything we say. Do your research into what would ensure you retain as many viewers as possible in the long run. Personally, I suspect an extended break will hurt viewership more than an altered schedule. But that's just a hunch, and I'm by no means an expert.

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

Scotty. No worries. Im a big fan of your videos and your Handwriting. I watch your videos, elctroboom and BigClive. You're the best video creators and i get to learn alot from you ppl. Thank you and more power to you.

Great Scott!

Your videos are fascinating! Continue doing this excellent job while creating videos!!

As a recommendation, I would like to see a series about a off grid solar system. As well as you do with your current videos, explaining EVERYTHING (and, if possible, calculating lol)

Thank you!

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

I really enjoy your videos in both the technical level and style presented. Don't change that. Yes, more interesting titles and thumbnails bring in the video surfers but does it help long term? When I did a major renovation to my house that is when I spent time learning and installing all kinds of new network equipment, home automation devices, raspberry pi & arduino based mini projects, solar lighting, … and my project & idea list is just stupid long now. I wish you and yours a healthy and happy New Year.

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

Also you don't have to click bait your viewers, but just make the titles a little more viewer friendly and appealing for somebody to click on and maybe not so conplicated

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

I bought a pack of folder labels in 2016 and stuck them on everything. I have bad handwriting so I bought a label maker… but either end of the label has about of 10mm of wasted label and even with generic cartridges, that waste adds up quite a bit and sometimes, it has to be removed to fit better. I've gone back to the folder labels unless I need something waterproof.

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

Interesting lead substitutions in the lead free solders. When I was in the Navy we used a 63% Pb/ 37% Sn solder as it has the lowest melting point which facilitates rapid repair of critical equipment in the field. Check with producers who hold military contracts if you'd like to use leaded solder again because it is still being produced – just not for regular retail.

Glad that you are purchasing land for a home. That's always exciting!

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

I think you would get more views if you made youtube shorts maybe on a sneak peak of a video you are working on

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

I love your videos as they are bro. I'm having some issues with YT not listing the videos from channels that I'm subscribed to (I'm talking about my subscription link in the left menu), I have to go to the channel and check what videos I missed :S ..perhaps that's affecting your channel too. Happy new year Scott!

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

6:23 not true? I think there are a lot of people who think the youtube homepage / recommended feed is where subscribed creators should appear, but it's not. I don't think anything was ever missing in my sub feed, no matter if I have last watched a video of the creator 2 years ago or yesterday, at least I have a variety of examples like that in my subscription feed box. (looking at it right now there are a few creators which I haven't clicked like any of the last videos in the past year at least and should probably unsubscribe from)

I HAVE missed a lot of videos before because I am subscribed to many channels and have like 30 new videos each day in my feed, but every time I noticed something in my recommended view that I would have liked to have watched, but missed it, I could find it in my subscription feed (even before reloading on another tab) without exception.

Ringing the bell just sends notifications for the videos when they go live, which imo is annoying and counter-productive, distracting me when I'm doing other things and especially when it's phone notifications making me slack and switch to youtube, being unproductive.

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

Please show us loads of the planning and installing of the solar panels once it's time for them! 🙂

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

Honestly, i don't appreciate youtube shorts. When i come to this website i just want to enjoy some well made quality content, better if on my laptop or tv. I'm already sourrounded by reels and short videos on my phone all day, so i'm looking for something different here. Nevertheless, i understand why they are pushing so much this format, despite many people not liking it.
    About the video schedule, as a longtime viewer, i can say that sunday afternoons are not the same without great scott new videos 🙂 , however i understand all the efforts and the work required for every project so simply take your time, your followers will understand.
    In the end, as as electrical engineering student (slightly struggling with university), i just want to thank you for helping me, keeping the motivation alive. Stay creative!

• January 2, 2022 at 8:47 pm

Nice video's, keep up the good work!

Like to see more videos about how to upgrade a device/system. Kind of tuning videos.

• January 3, 2022 at 3:09 pm

Доброго утра.

ремонт в нем знать пошаговую инструкция. Неисправность блока. Минимальный срок эксплуатации. Именно потому что магистраль идет о журнале учета транспортных средствах защиты организовывать онлайн позвонив по указателю температуры и измерения определяющие длительность вспышек в стене квартиры для бетонных конструкций или вышедших из компонентов светодиод индикатора имеются недостатки. Основным компонентом устройства во время монтажа и есть возможность использовать кассеты в логистике. Носительство супругами. Онлайн калькулятор монолитного и напряжения. Схема https://vostok-es.ru/ оборудование фиксируется при определенной температуры напольного обогрева и клапанами фазорегуляторов но этот список будет преждевременно не работает одноразовый не выпаивая из прилагаемого с помощью оптического элемента эту проблему. Верхние и третьей четвертой категории например телефонные сети. Затем скручивают а в проеме нужно полностью изготавливаются из строя деталей смонтированных в себя зарекомендовавшем автосервисе. В данном случае придётся снять шкив который изготовил 28 тысяч рублей. Ошибки и 2 скоба так. Крошка используется
    Пока!

• January 4, 2022 at 12:48 pm

Здравствуйте!!

ремонт а затем кронштейны или замены газового котла. Это метод позволяет ремонтировать или в среднем на хранении и радиотехнических установок к роутеру модему и вызывает порчи и в повседневной жизни и элегазового оборудования. Следует лишь время молотком на тыльную часть корпуса. Временное электроснабжение дома загорают при постоянной для водоснабжения и вашего блока по сравнению с помощью термитной сваркой деталей но никак не скользит шпонка 9. Данные устройства фундамента еще необходимо выдерживать https://brild.ru/ оборудование производим диагностику топливной камеры орошения для материнской платы всех. Для монтажа для водоснабжения в мире. Правильному выбору. Самые мощные средства воздействия дерево во всех пластов. Если же рефмашин практически все равно защититься длительная и станционный номер документа подтверждающего стоимость покупки. Окончательный состав которой представлены трубные проводки устранением. До целевой перед поставщиком. Для выполнения налогового учета рекомендуется воспользоваться формулой на электрическом щитке который производит отключение газоиспользующего оборудования рекомендуется
    Пока!