LIVE Shop Talk 43: Key Secrets of Winning Presentations

You guys can help me out over at Patreon, and that will help me keep my gear updated, and help me keep this quality content coming:

This might be our most important livestream ever! I will give you the keys to successful Powerpoint Technical Presentations. Effective Communication Skills is probably the asset that was the most valuable in my career, and today I share the secrets to success with you. Share this one on your social media as it is really important.

21 thoughts on “LIVE Shop Talk 43: Key Secrets of Winning Presentations

• March 10, 2021 at 8:27 pm

I can't even tell how much knowledge I am getting from u and your videos just make me more eager to learn new things.

• March 10, 2021 at 8:27 pm

Fantastic advice, it is always about the story and delivering the essential information. and engagement and humour always helps with any delivery. Any presentation needs to focus on the meaning and the value of the information, not about the information itself. Really, that means for engineers we have to think about what we have discovered or achieved and its context, and not just about the raw data. Yes, of-course the raw data is important, but the information in it is what is critical… for example, the amount of snow outside your front door might be X, but whether you live in Iceland or in the Sahara Desert is actually more important than what the specific amount of snow is.

• March 10, 2021 at 8:27 pm

Paul first of all thanks for those amazing contents second of all do you recomend us a watch courses list, for example what will we gonna watch after new ardunio tutorials

• March 10, 2021 at 8:27 pm

Nice content. I'd also recommend join the odysee (lbry) to get away from youtube and support decentralization.

• March 10, 2021 at 8:27 pm

This is such a great presentation. Thank you! I have read several books on presenting and I think because they were not boiled down to the essentials, they did not resonate with me and I ignored their teachings to some degree. Your points are clear and simple. I have a lot of optimism for my next presentation.

• March 10, 2021 at 8:27 pm

More instructional video at every weekend but also projects on nvidia jetson products & on IMUs.

• March 10, 2021 at 8:27 pm

Near the end, you asked whether we like this kind of content, and my answer is yes!

The examples you gave at the beginning of a typical engineering presentation hit pretty close to home and made me realize this was something I wanted to stick around for the full length of.

Thank you, and I look forward to your next talk!